By Rita Vega de Triana
Read or Download Antonio Triana and the Spanish Dance: A Personal Recollection (Choreography and Dance Studies Series) PDF
Best dance books
The Argentine tango is without doubt one of the world’s best-known associate dances. although tango is way favorite and mentioned, little or no has been written on its ongoing evolution. during this cutting edge paintings, Carolyn Merritt surveys tango historical past whereas targeting the newest new release of the dance, tango Nuevo, and the práctica scene that has exploded in Buenos Aires because the early 2000s.
First released in 1996. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
Drawn from of crucial historic texts at the topic, the Natya Shastra and the Abhinaya Darpana, this appealing set of uncomplicated playing cards indicates the fifty two primary hand mudras utilized in Indian dance and theatre. those gestures give you the foundation for a whole language of hand articulation.
Ten overseas dramaturg-scholars boost proposals that reset notions of service provider in modern dance production. Dramaturgy turns into pushed by means of inventive inquiry, disbursed between taking part artists, embedded in improvisation projects, or weaved via viewers engagement, and the dramaturg turns into a facilitator of dramaturgical knowledge.
- Plié Ball!: Baseball Meets Dance on Stage and Screen
- The Moving Researcher: Laban/Bartenieff Movement Analysis in Performing Arts Education and Creative Arts Therapies
- Anna Halprin: Dance - Process - Form
- Rhythms of the Afro-Atlantic World: Rituals and Remembrances
- Dance Ethnography and Global Perspectives: Identity, Embodiment and Culture
- Exhausting Dance: Performance and the Politics of Movement
Extra info for Antonio Triana and the Spanish Dance: A Personal Recollection (Choreography and Dance Studies Series)