By Nick Proukakis,Simon Gardiner,Matthew Davis,Marzena Szymańska
The 1995 commentary of Bose–Einstein condensation in dilute atomic vapours spawned the sphere of ultracold, degenerate quantum gases. extraordinary advancements in experimental layout and precision regulate have resulted in quantum gases changing into the popular playground for fashion designer quantum many-body systems.
This self-contained quantity presents a large evaluate of the critical theoretical recommendations utilized to non-equilibrium and finite temperature quantum gases. overlaying Bose–Einstein condensates, degenerate Fermi gases, and the extra lately realised exciton–polariton condensates, it fills a niche via linking among diversified equipment with origins in condensed topic physics, quantum box thought, quantum optics, atomic physics, and statistical mechanics. Thematically organised chapters on diversified methodologies, contributed via key researchers utilizing a unified notation, give you the first built-in view of the relative advantages of person methods, aided through pertinent introductory chapters and the counsel of editorial notes.
Both graduate scholars and confirmed researchers wishing to appreciate the cutting-edge will tremendously take advantage of this complete and updated assessment of non-equilibrium and finite temperature suggestions within the fascinating and increasing box of quantum gases and liquids.
- Introductory Material:
- Quantum Gases: The Background
- Quantum Gases: Experimental Considerations
- Quantum Gases: heritage Key Theoretical Notions
- Ultracold Bosonic Gases: Theoretical Modelling:
- Kinetic and Many-Body Approaches
- Classical-Field, Stochastic and Field-Theoretic Approaches
- Comparison of universal Theories
- Overview of comparable Quantum-Degenerate Systems:
- Nearly Integrable One-Dimensional Systems
- Optical Lattice Geometries
- Liquid Helium
- Degenerate Fermi Gases
- Exciton/Polariton Condensation
Readership: geared toward graduate point scholars and for researchers.
Read Online or Download Quantum Gases:Finite Temperature and Non-Equilibrium Dynamics: 1 (Cold Atoms) PDF
Similar molecular physics books
Those lawsuits include of invited and contributed papers offered on the thirteenth foreign convention on X-Ray Lasers (ICXRL 2012) which used to be held 11–15 June 2012 in Paris, France, within the recognized Quartier Latin, contained in the old middle of Cordeliers. This convention is a part of a continual sequence devoted to contemporary advancements and functions of x-ray lasers and different coherent x-ray assets with awareness to aiding applied sciences and instrumentation.
Quantum mechanics can describe the specific constitution and behaviour of subject, from electrons, atoms, and molecules, to the complete universe. it truly is one of many fields of data that yield striking precessions, constrained purely through the computational assets to be had. between those tools is density useful thought (DFT), which allows one to resolve the equations of quantum mechanics extra successfully than with any similar strategy.
At Les Houches in January 2015, specialists within the box of charged particle trapping got here jointly for the second one iciness university on Physics with Trapped Charged debris. This textbook collates the lectures introduced there, overlaying the elemental physics of particle traps and the differing kinds of functions of those units.
Ultracold atomic gases is a speedily constructing sector of physics that draws many younger researchers all over the world. Written through global popular specialists within the box, this booklet supplies a complete assessment of intriguing advancements in Bose-Einstein condensation and superfluidity from a theoretical viewpoint.
- Hydrogen Recycling at Plasma Facing Materials: Proceedings of the NATO Advanced Research Workshop, St.Petersburg, Russia, September 15-19, 1999 (Nato Science Series II:)
- Introduction to Polarization Physics (Lecture Notes in Physics)
- Handbook of Advanced Plasma Processing Techniques
- Polarization Bremsstrahlung on Atoms, Plasmas, Nanostructures and Solids: 72 (Springer Series on Atomic, Optical, and Plasma Physics)
- Study of the Calcium Regulation Mechanism of TCR Activation Using Nanodisc and NMR Technologies (Springer Theses)
Additional resources for Quantum Gases:Finite Temperature and Non-Equilibrium Dynamics: 1 (Cold Atoms)